Krystol Waterstop Grout is a crystalline grout used to create an internal or external waterstop at construction joints, pipe penetrations, tie-holes and control joints.
Krystol Waterstop Grout contains fiber reinforcements that reduce shrinkage and limit cracking. It is typically used in conjunction with Krystol Waterstop Treatment™ as part of the Krystol Waterstop System.
HOW IT WORKS -
Krystol Waterstop Grout contains Krystol technology. When applied to concrete, Krystol chemically reacts with water and un-hydrated cement particles to form insoluble needle-shaped crystals that fill capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete and block the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Any moisture introduced over the lifespan of the concrete will initiate crystallization, ensuring permanent waterproofing protection.
PRODUCT BENEFITS -
- Multi-use –internal or external waterstop
- Permanent crystalline waterproofing and protection
- Crack Resistant
- NSF 61 certified; safe for contact with potable water
- Durable; resistant to rain, foot traffic and shifting
- Allows for flexible scheduling; Concrete can be placed / keyways can be filled days or weeks after installation
WORLD OF APPLICATIONS -
Use Kryton’s joint waterproofing system to waterproof and protect:
- Static concrete-to-concrete joints where there is any concern regarding water penetration
- Preplanned and unintended shotcrete cold joints
- Crack control joints