Krystol Mortar Admixture (KMA) is a hydrophilic crystalline admixture used to provide long-term protection of masonry mortars and concrete masonry units against water and waterborne contaminants by reducing permeability and absorption of the mortar.
KMA simplifies installation by removing the need for surface applied sealers and is easily incorporated into the existing mix-design and application processes. KMA provides superior waterproofing performance that lowers building maintenance and repair costs.
How It Works -
KMA contains Krystol technology. When added to cementitious mortars or concrete masonry units, Krystol chemically reacts with water and un-hydrated cement particles to form insoluble needle-shaped crystals that fill capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete and block the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Any moisture introduced over the lifespan of the concrete will initiate crystallization, ensuring permanent waterproofing protection.
Product Benefits -
- Lowers upfront building costs compared to surface applied sealers
- Simplifies installation, eliminating labor, and shortening the construction cycle
- Increases the life of your mortar and decreases building maintenance and repair costs
- Increases durability and delivers a permanent solution with materials designed to last the lifetime of the mortar
- Maintains the original appearance and cleanliness for lasting building attractiveness
World of Applications -
Use KMA to provide permanent protection for:
- Rendering and plastering mortar (including stucco and other thin topping mixes) over concrete masonry walls or other prepared substrates
- Masonry mortar (i.e., mortar that goes between the masonry units)
- Concrete masonry units (i.e., bricks and blocks when they are manufactured)