Krystol Internal Membrane (KIM) is a hydrophilic crystalline admixture used to create permanently waterproof concrete.
KIM lowers the permeability of concrete, and is used in place of surface applied waterproofing membranes. By stopping the transmission of water through concrete, KIM adds durability and longevity to concrete by protecting it against chemical attack and corrosion of reinforcing steel.
HOW IT WORKS -
KIM contains Krystol technology. When added to concrete, Krystol chemically reacts with water and un-hydrated cement particles to form insoluble needle-shaped crystals that fill capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete and block the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Any moisture introduced over the lifespan of the concrete will initiate crystallization, ensuring permanent waterproofing protection.
PRODUCT BENEFITS -
- Lowers the cost of waterproofing
- Helps to shave weeks off of construction schedules
- Reduces the cost of maintenance and repairs
- Increases reliability and quality control
- Increases revenues with a larger building footprint
- Safe for contact with potable water and Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- Winner of the Most Innovative Product Award at World of Concrete in 2003
WORLD OF APPLICATIONS -
KIM is recommended for all concrete that will be subject to water pressure and can be used in precast, cast-in-place and shotcrete applications.
- Below grade parking
- Sewage plants
- Swimming pools
- Foundation walls
- Water containment tanks